Together We Stand Christian Church was birthed on September 15, 1996. The church was founded by its Senior Pastor, Bishop Allen Rice along with his wife Cheryl and two other families (Rufus and Sandra Knott, along with Kevin and Gina Connell). After retiring from an 8 year NFL career in Minnesota and Green Bay, Allen and Cheryl returned to their native home of Houston, Texas. Soon, God began a ministry through them devoted to reaching and restoring marriages. They continued in this full-time ministry for 3 years, until God revealed to Allen that He wanted to begin a church through them. Many of the couples were healed, but needed ongoing discipleship. The church met in the home of the Rice’s for its first service. The very next week, Together We Stand Christian Church was awarded a former bank building, free of charge, for 6 months. In March of 1997, the TWS family moved back to the Rice’s home for 3 months.
In June 1997, God moved T.W.S.C.C. into a 10,000 square foot facility in Missouri City, TX on Texas Parkway. While there, we served the community and our church family for six years. As the vision to make disciples of Jesus Christ and restore the biblical family continued to unfold, we literally marched down Texas Parkway with police escorts to take possession of the next phase of the vision! Ten acres of prime real estate on the exact dividing line between Missouri City and Stafford.
- There are 2 houses on the property (in 2003 we moved into the houses as our church facilities for 2 years, 7 months).
- The vision for these 2 houses was and is to provide temporary residence and ministry to people in transition. We have been blessed to provide this service to over 15 families.
- In March 2006, the vision continued to manifest. We built the multipurpose facility which currently houses both Together We Stand Christian Church and Together We Stand Marriage and Family Training Center.
- Next we purchased the property adjacent to the 10 acres facing Texas Parkway (this is the future home of The Lord’s Gym) THIS PROPERTY IS PAID IN FULL! ($260K)
- A major gateway in this region is the corner of Texas Parkway and Scanlin. We then purchased that corner property and IT IS PAID IN FULL!
Most importantly, Together We Stand is and always has been a body of believers, focused on the Lord’s greatest priority: PEOPLE! God has literally saved, healed and brought hope to thousands—children, youth, millennials, men, women and especially marriages—through the ministry of Together We Stand Christian Church.